God desires all to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth (1 Tim. 2:4). We see children as an important part of that “all.” Our Kids’ Church coordinators provide a safe, positive, and educational atmosphere for our children to make friends, have fun, and learn about Jesus and the Bible. We currently provide care during the church service for children up to the age of 10 years old.
Kids Church Coordinators:
Katie Patterson is married to Jeff. In addition to her service at Kids Church, she is currently employed in the Columbus area working with special needs children. Katie also likes to volunteer for special needs athletic programs, and enjoys gardening and cooking. She has a BS in Biology from the Ohio State University and a Master’s Degree in Social Work.
The Christian life does not stop with belief and baptism. Our Higher Ground discipleship series is built upon mentor-based relationships. We strongly believe that people disciple people and it usually happens in small numbers. Higher Ground is segmented into short, manageable areas of focus.
- Solid: In order to continue following Jesus in the midst of this chaotic world, the Christian life must first have an indestructible foundation. This study tracks the fundamentals of salvation, using Solid, a text written by John Myer. It surveys all the pertinent Bible verses that illuminate the uniqueness of Christ, what it means to be saved, how to be saved, how to know for sure you are saved, and how to know you will be saved forever.
- Presence: Christians need a dynamic devotional relationship with our highly relational Savior God. This practice-oriented clinic will help a person develop the habit of spiritual self-feeding. It focuses on spending time in the presence of God through prayer and the Word.
- The Main Point New Testament Survey: As a people who derive truth from the Scriptures, it goes without saying that we should make it our business to understand the Bible! This survey assists not only in reading the New Testament, but also in learning the theological point of each book. The emphasis here is upon enrichment and education.
- Fishers of Men: Jesus said, “Come after me and I will make you fishers of men” (Matt. 4:19). This track introduces various evangelism challenges in small, but measurable doses. The “missions” include acts of service, sharing your story of faith, asking great questions, explaining Bible verses, and making new friends.
- Basin & Towel: Jesus demonstrated the ultimate biblical leadership when he washed His disciples’ feet using a basin and a towel (John 13:5). Following his example, this advanced track develops your leadership ethics and activities through service to others. It is open-ended, integrated with daily church life, and draws upon an extremely broad base of activities and special sessions.
- Theology I: We should increase in our knowledge of God (Col. 1:10). Using the Bible and various texts such as A.W. Tozer’s The Knowledge of the Holy, this study provides an immersion in the truth of God’s attributes. Feedback comes through online quizzes and short essays. Emphasis is placed not only on technical precision, but life application.
- Theology II: This track continues in the wake of the former one, however it deals more precisely with soteriology (that is, the study of salvation), exploring in detail the ongoing aspects of sanctification, conformation, and glorification.